Re: Advice on setting up Resources for Postgres

Hi,

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Fajar Priyanto wrote:

I'd like to setup RHCS for Postgres on 2-nodes cluster.
What is the best way to setup the resources? No GFS.

I'd use GFS to make sure that data is not corrupted. You can "live" with ext3 -- but in case of a problem, if two postmaster directly accesses the same node, data problem may occur.

http://www.gunduz.org/download.php?dlid=142

is the link to the presentation that I made at 10th PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit last year; which will give you a basic idea about these issues.

- Do I need to setup a script for postgres init.d? Or should I just let it on
on both server from chkconfig?

AFAIR you will need to change condstart routines to start routines for RHCS to start PostgreSQL correctly. So PostgreSQL's init script should be fine.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
                      http://www.gunduz.org