Re: Can't get past Segmentation Faults

I'm wondering if that didn't start this whole thing off...

If you want to test it, get all your volumes created, shutdown one machine, disable it's FC ports and restart it. Was clvmd barfing because of this? Could it see some, but not all of the devices.

Would the fix have been as simple as simply reenabling the ports to all the machines? I don't know...

I can't imagine your storage being trashed by the FC network. Even if the logical volume headers were destroyed, they can be brought back by vgcfgrestore. That would just leave the file systems. They have journaling. So assuming some rouge process didn't mess with the disk, they should be able to recover just fine as long as the storage (CLVM volumes) are visible.

 brassow