Re: Can't leave cluster

isplist@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
That was indeed what it was. Here is my final shutdown script;

service httpd stop
umount /var/www
vgchange -aln
service clvmd stop
fence_tool leave
service fenced stop
service rgmanager stop
cman_tool leave
killall ccsd

Two questions;

1: I probably don't need the last line in there correct?

2: Can I create a new service so that I can run this script to shut things down cleanly when I want to reboot the node? If so, what is the process?

Mike
Hi Mike,

1. I recommend "service ccsd stop" rather than killall ccsd.
2. In theory, this script should not be necessary on a RHEL, Fedora Core or centos box if you have your service scripts set up and chkconfig'ed on. When you do /sbin/reboot, the service scripts are supposed to run in the correct order and take care of all this for you. Shudown should take you to runlevel 6, which should run the shutdown scripts in /etc/rc.d/rc6.d in the Kxx order.
   The httpd script should stop that service, then the
the gfs script should take care of unmounting the gfs file systems at "stop". The clvmd script should take care of deactivating the vgs. And the Kxx numbers
   should be set properly at install time to ensure the proper order.
If there's a problem shutting down with the normal scripts, perhaps we need to
   file a bug and get the scripts changed.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite