Re: Lazy umount - NFS HA

Jordi Prats wrote:
Hi all,
It's normal that I must use a script to do a lazy umount (umount -l
/mountpoint) of a ext3 partition (not GFS) in a HA NFS cluster?

I'm having the same problem - the service won't shutdown cleanly as it can't unmount the file systems - which it can't unmount due to some one logging in with SSH and their home directory is on that volume.

I've also had an issue with the cluster manager not shutting down nfsd, so a volume won't unmount 'cause an NFS client is still attached. I think I might have nailed that one, but there is little I can do about people with interactive logins. (It's acceptable to terminate their logins with extreme prejudice, but not to disable the SSH service, as I need that to admin the machine :-)