Re: Using GFS to host root filesystem

Lin Shen (lshen) wrote:

Our system consists of a set of diskless clients. We'd like to host the root filesystem for them using GFS (sort of like NFS mounting root filesystem on target in a host-target setup). Part of the root filesystem contents will be client specific and part will be common. For the common part, only one copy should be there to be shared by the clients. How can this be done using GFS?

Lin
Hi Lin,

You may want to take a look at my NFS/GFS Cookbook.  It's located here:
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/doc/nfscookbook.pdf
Also, see this page of the faq:
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#gfs_diskless

Regards,