JBoss Clustering Compatibility

Hello all,

Does anyone have any information or experience about using GFS and the
Cluster Suite and JBoss Clustering on the same cluster? I've been
looking for a couple of days, but I can't seem to find any information
on that configuration. Our goal is to create a J2EE cluster with a
shared, global filesystem. GFS seemed like a logical choice.

I'm speculating that if Cluster Suite was only used for GFS, and not
for any other services, then it might work okay with JBoss Clustering.
Cluster Suite would handle the GFS clustering, and JBoss Clustering the
J2EE app server clustering. But I also wonder about conflicts or
incompatibilities. And I especially wonder how fencing would impact
JBoss. Has anyone tried this configuration, or heard of anyone who has?

If there any problems, I suppose they will be worked out eventually,
since Red Hat has acquired JBoss. But we don't want to waste a lot of
time going down a path with known problems. Any thoughts or feedback
would be appreciated.

Geary Sutterfield
Lead Software Systems Engineer
The MITRE Corporation