RE: Low cost storage for clusters

Title: RE: Low cost storage for clusters

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

> I'm happy enough that iSCSI is acceptable, I don't think I
> will be able
> to justify a full fibre-channel SAN. Certainly I'd expect it to do as
> well as straight SCSI320 given that it has 3x the raw bandwidth (even
> accounting for the TCPIP overhead).

use Jumbo frames and thruput might be much better. Then again I don't know how iSCSI generates packets. I hope it's not 1 packet per disk block which is typically 512bytes. presumably how many disk blocks / packet is a (auto-)tunable parameter.

switch price matters. But some of the cheepies claim features that the big-names charge 10x as much for which doesn't make sense. I never pay the Cisco tax unless there is a gun to my head.