Re: 2-node cluster and fence_drac

hai wu wrote:

The one I am using is ERA, which is almost the same as DRAC III/XT, except it is an embeded DRAC card on motherboard, compared to DRAC III/XT, which is a seperate added DRAC card. But the telnet prompt does not have the matching pattern in /sbin/fence_drac file, so I just added the following to the file, which works now. Thanks,
Hai

Hai,

So, you are saying that if you are using a DRAC ERA card, and you set the $drac_version in the script to $DRAC_VERSION_III_XT, then the fence agent works? If so, we'll patch the agent accordingly. Please confirm.

-J

if (/Dell Embedded Remote Access Controller \(ERA\)\nFirmware Version/m)
        {
                $drac_version = $DRAC_VERSION_III_XT;
        } else {
        if (/.*\((DRAC[^)]*)\)/m)
        {
                print "detected drac version '$1'\n" if $verbose;
                $drac_version = $1 unless defined $drac_version;

                print "WARNING: detected drac version '$1' but using "
                        . "user defined version '$drac_version'\n"
                        if ($drac_version ne $1);
        }
        else
        {
                print "WARNING: unable to detect DRAC version '$_'\n";
                $drac_version = $DRAC_VERSION_UNKNOWN;
        }
        }

On 8/9/06, *James Parsons* <jparsons@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jparsons@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    hai wu wrote:

    > I got the following prompts after telneting to the drac port,
    maybe a
    > simple upgrade for the firmware would fix this issue:
    >
    > Dell Embedded Remote Access Controller (ERA)
    > Firmware Version 3.31 (Build 07.15)
    > Login:
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Hai

    Oops. Sorry. Unsupported version. If you want, you could hack the
    agent
    script (it is in perl) and get it to accept that version and just
    *see*
    if it works -- it might. I tried looking for documentation for that
    firmware rev and couldn't google any. If you know of some, drop me a
    line and maybe we can get something working - or at least know if it
    *will ever* work. :)

    -J

    BTW, the agent supports DRAC III/XT, DRAC MC, and DRAC 4/I.

    > On 8/9/06, *James Parsons* < jparsons@xxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:jparsons@xxxxxxxxxx>
    > <mailto:jparsons@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jparsons@xxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:
    >
    >     hai wu wrote:
    >
    >     > I got the following errors after "reboot -fn" on
    erd-tt-eproof1,
    >     which
    >     > script do I need to change?
    >     >
    >     > Aug  9 15:35:40 erd-tt-eproof2 kernel: CMAN: removing node
    >     > erd-tt-eproof1 from t
    >     > he cluster : Missed too many heartbeats
    >     > Aug  9 15:35:40 erd-tt-eproof2 fenced[3437]:
    erd-tt-eproof1 not a