Re: GFS crash

Just for the record, later CVS snapshot appeared in gentoo portage and after upgrading to this gfs-1.02.00-r1 version it's running fine

Thanks Patrick ... ;)

Patrick Caulfield wrote:
Ivan Pantovic wrote:

Hi,

we have similar setup, till NFS part, 9nodes stable GFS 1.02 and 2.6.16.
cluster is highly unstable when we have to reboot individual nodes or
they fence each other.

this is what nodes whine about when they tried to fence node3, what
stable kernel version other here use?
Kernel is not compiled with any premtive code as mentioned before on
this list, it is not tested so we didn't bother.

CMAN: node node7 has been removed from the cluster : Inconsistent
cluster view
CMAN: node node8 has been removed from the cluster : Inconsistent
cluster view
CMAN: node node6 has been removed from the cluster : Inconsistent
cluster view
CMAN: removing node node4 from the cluster : No response to messages
CMAN: node node2 has been removed from the cluster : Inconsistent
cluster view
CMAN: node node9 has been removed from the cluster : Inconsistent
cluster view
CMAN: removing node node1 from the cluster : No response to messages

That bug has been fixed in CVS for quite a while. I think maybe we need to do
another release to incorporate the fix.

--
Ivan Pantovic, System Engineer
-----