Reduce virtual IP disable time

I am looking for a safe way to reduce the time to relocate virtual IPs from one server to another (as managed by rgmanger in RHCS4)?

The project I am working on requires a large number of virtual IP resources (over 50). Here are some stats:
- Migrating a single VIP takes 11 seconds.
- Migrating 11 of them takes 122.

The major slowdown seems to be bringing them down:

- Disabling the service takes 110 seconds.
- Enabling the service takes 11 seconds

I found the "sleep 10" parameter in
/usr/share/cluster/ip.sh
commenting it out dramatically reduces the migration and disabling times (down to 12 seconds)

Is there any reason not to comment it out. The script comment above the command says
# XXX Let nfsd/lockd clear their queues; we hope to have a
# way to enforce this in the future
I am using the VIPs for web serving, not NFS

Riaan

ps: I would prefer not editing scripts that belong to rgmanager. would it make sense to try and log a support call and an RFE in bugzilla to make it configurabl in /etc/sysconfig/cluster, for example, or elsewhere?
begin:vcard
fn:Riaan van Niekerk
n:van Niekerk;Riaan
org:Obsidian Systems;Obsidian Red Hat Consulting
email;internet:riaan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Systems Architect
tel;work:+27 11 792 6500
tel;fax:+27 11 792 6522