Re: shared cluster.conf?

On Friday 17 March 2006 18:17, Patton, Matthew F, CTR, OSD-PA&E wrote:
> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
>
> > Is there any reason not to put cluster.conf on a shared filesystem
> > that's mounted in fstab, and symlink /etc/cluster/cluster.conf to that
>
> wondered that myself. you can put the file on a shared volume (say /etc was
> actually on GFS for each node). "update" should ideally have a flag or
> better yet, a counterpart that says to "just reread the file and don't try
> to write a new one."
until now we didn't have any problems with cluster.conf on GFS. We are using
it for sharedroots and did not encounter any problems with it. Even the
ccs_tool update and cman_tool version works.
Regards Marc.
--
Gruss / Regards,

Marc Grimme
Phone: +49-89 121 409-54
http://www.atix.de/               http://www.open-sharedroot.org/

**
ATIX - Ges. fuer Informationstechnologie und Consulting mbH
Einsteinstr. 10 - 85716 Unterschleissheim - Germany

--

Linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx