RHCS4 rgmanager/clurmgrd problem

We have a two node active/passive cluster running bind as our master DNS
server. Shared storage is iSCSI on a NetApp Filer. The OS is CentOS 4.2.
Whenever the rgmanager service on the passive node is started/restarted,
the service resource on the active node fails in that named itself is
shut down. The only way to recover, as near as I can tell, is to set
autostart=0 in cluster.conf, reboot both nodes, then manually start the
service on one of the nodes. Is this by design, or an "undocumented
feature"?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA.

--

Linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx