vsftpd clusterized in virtual IP + iscsi initiator question

Hi
I am new to the red hat cluster suite and have recently set up a two node HA cluster (Red Hat Cluster Suite 4) with iscsi inititiatior software (iscsid) and a netapp as the iscsi storage target.

I have a problem with clusterizing vsftpd on a virtual IP that belongs to the cluster (not the real node's IP) . If I bind vsftpd standalone on the real IP of the node it works fine (listen_address ip_real). If I bind vsftpd standalone on a virtual IP defined as a cluster resource it starts to give me problems. Ftp clients (even from the localhost) connect but after a few "ls" commands it starts to get a "passive mode refused". Has anybody any suggestions ?

Also I have the following question. I have two network cards in each node in an active-failover ethernet channel bond. The two cards are connected to two seperate switches for fault tollerance.  If RHCS 4 doesn't use a quorum partition and the heartbeat is exclusively via network, how can the cluster tell when the iscsi initiator connection is down (while the network is up) and failover to the other node ?

Simon Bridgwater

--

Linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx