Re: Linux Cluster

Dear Suvankar

Oracle RAC  itself is a failover and  loadbalancing cluster.So there is no need for a cluster suite for the HA functionality.
You can directly install RHEL 3.0/4.0 in both machines and configure 10 RAC on top of OS.
There is a very good documentation in the 10g RAC CD on how to set up the cluster.

Also what do you mean by OS level cluster?

Regards

Ciril

SUVANKAR MOITRA wrote:
dear rajesh,

Then what about Oracle 10g rac? How oracle 10g rac to
be install ? I am using rhel as4 , redhat cluster
suite4 and oracle 10g rac. I want to build a   cluster
in os level as well as database level.

I am using follwing Hardware:----

1> Hp dl380g4 x 2nos
2> Hp Msa500 storage x 1 no

what are the steps for the follwing installation.Pl
send  me a proper document for the above.

regards

Suvankar Moitra

--- Rajesh singh <singh.rajeshwar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Suvankar,
Its not quite clear as to what is your requirement.
do you have a copy of RHE 3/4 and a copy of cluster
suite
if yes than install OS on either server, connect
MSA500, install cluster
suite on both machine and configure cluster.
regards

On 1/10/06, Suvankar Moitra