Re: Synchronized filesystem

Is it possible to use GFS to make a synchronized filesystem between 2 machines with a "slow" line in between?
I mean:
- One machine with storage is in US
- One machine without storage is in UK
- There is a 2Mbit line between them.

Since it seems that you are primarily interested in persistent caching,
you may want to consider OpenAFS: www.openafs.org

Yes, I want local caching but also transparent writes. If I'm in the UK I want to write FileServerInTheUk (ans that goes auto to FileServerInTheUS which holds the storage) and if I'm in the US, I want to write to US server.
Is this case handled by AFS?
The last case is that I need to mount the partition with NFS *and* Samba (we are a mixed Windows/UNIX shop) on Linux and Windows hosts (access through AFS only is out of the question...) so I'm not sure that AFS will do it... Or am I wrong?
Thanks.
-jec

--

Linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx