Re: umount failed - device is busy

Lon Hohberger wrote:
On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 17:48 +0200, Herta Van den Eynde wrote:

Bit of extra information: the system that was running the services got STONITHed by the other cluster member shortly before midnight. The services all failed over nicely, but the situation remains: if I try to stop or relocate a service, I get a "device is busy".
I suppose that rules out an intermittent issue.

There's no mounts below mounts.

Drat.

Nfsd is the most likely candidate for holding the reference.
Unfortunately, this is not something I can track down; you will have to
either file a support request and/or a Bugzilla.  When you get a chance,
you should definitely try stopping nfsd and seeing if that clears the
mystery references (allowing you to unmount).  If the problem comes from
nfsd, it should not be terribly difficult to track down.

Also, you should not need to recompile your kernel to probe all the LUNs
per device; just edit /etc/modules.conf:

options scsi_mod max_scsi_luns=128

... then run mkinitrd to rebuild the initrd image.

-- Lon
Next maintenance window is 4 weeks away, so I won't be able to test the nfsd hypothesis anytime soon. In the meantime, I'll file a support request. I'll keep you posted.

At least the unexpected STONITH confirms that the failover still works.

The /etc/modules.conf tip is a big time saver. Rebuilding the modules takes forever.

Thanks, Lon.

Herta

Linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx