GFS Performance observations/questions

Title: GFS Performance observations/questions

We are evaluating GFS as a solution for a clustered application environment.

We have set up a 3 node cluster.  Each machine is connected to an EMC SAN, all point to the same pool.

During some benchmark testing we have observed the following performance:

On the local drive, it takes about 10 microseconds to lock a file, and 2 microseconds to unlock the file.
On the gfs drive, it takes over 10,000 microseconds (0.01 sec) to lock a file, and over 6000 microseconds (0.006 sec) to unlock the file. We have seen it take considerably longer ...

Is this the expected performance?  Are there any tuning options available to us?

If you need more information to help answer this question or provide guidance, please ask.

Thanks
Kevin Ketchum

--

Linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx