Re: Re: If I have 5 GNBD server?

Michael wrote:

Can anyone answer my question?

I don't think LVM cares what kind of storage it uses, as long as it's a block device. So theoretically, you can mix local disc, FC storage, GNBD, and ATOE and combine them using LVM. You might run into performance issues (GNBD are slower than FC disks) and startup issues (LVM has to start after cluster and gnbd-import successfuly start), but it should be possible.

The real question is WHY you want to do that.
AFAIK, if you combine 5 gnbd from 5 gnbd servers into one LVM, and you are accessing a volume on that volume group, and one of the gnbd server dies (or hangs), gnbd import will wait forever until that server is back up. So you'll have five more single-point-of-failures.

Regards,

Fajar