Building rpm's for RHEL 4

Howdy,
I've got some servers running RHEL 4 all connected to a SAN. I've got some time before they go into production so I'm trying GFS to see how well it will work for our situation, and possibly shake any bugs out while testing.
I was able to download the cluster code from CVS, and build it. But my servers don't have any compilers, and I'd like to install on them via rpm's.
In the scripts directory there is a build_srpms.pl script. I've tried it, I've read it, I've tried all sorts of incantations, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me. So comes the question
How do I make the rpm's for RHEL 4 so I can install the cluster programs on servers without compilers?
Many Thanks
Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson dawson@xxxxxxxx (630)840-6468
Fermilab ComputingDivision/CSS CSI Group