Re: auto send fence_ack_manual?

Dan B. Phung wrote:

I was thinking of "hacking" the daemon on my stable master node so that it
sends the fence ack as soon as it's requested.  Does something like my
usage scenario already exist?  Does this violate some principal design in
the fenced?

Or perhaps make the rebooting node do it by itself as the last part of a controlled shutdown? I guess a node can't issue the command itself after leaving the cluster, so you may have to hack some code to let a node notify your master node as the last part of shutdown, and then let the master node ack. If you can have the rebooting nodes forward syslog messages to your stable master it should be relatively easy to detect a controlled and successful shutdown using some existing log watcher tool.

--
birger

--

Linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx