Re: gfs/iscsi over 2.6.11 and gfs listener

Nicola Ranaldo wrote:

> I tested both cvs head and cvs RHEL4, i do not know anythink about FC4.
> Why so many branches??? Which of them is definitively more stable?

Well, FC4 is for Fedora Core 4, and RHEL4 is for RHEL4. Pick whichever is nearst to the kernel you are running. RHEL4 should be the
most stable - but only if you are running it against a RHEL4 kernel.

If you need support for later kernels then FC4 is your best bet.

> Howewer *IT SEEMS* recompiling 2.6.11 without PREEMPTIBLE KERNEL avoids the
> random oops!

No surprise there. CONFIG_PREEMPT is not supported. If that's not mentioned anywhere it should be.

--

patrick

--

Linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx