Re: [Linux-cluster] redhat cluster, or cluster project questions?

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:13:21 -0800, Walker, Bruce J <bruce.walker@xxxxxx> wrote:
> What about it.  When we have 2.6 GFS integrated with OpenSSI, we will support it.  If you mean what about gndb instead of DRBD, i'm not aware that gndb provides replication;  I thought it was just a way to access a remote block device.  I believe RH is working on enhancements to CLVM to provide cross-node replication, however.
>
> Bruce

I believe with the 2.4 kernel, Redhat has recommended layering MD
(mirror disk) above a local disk and a remote GNBD disk for some time.
 I have not tried it, but the goal is similar to drbd.  I don't know
if this is still recommended in the 2.6 kernel series.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer