Re: [Linux-cluster] unable to mount gfs partition

AFAIK, it is a bug. The Red Hat 6.0.0-15 RPMS solve that problem (I had it too).

John.

Chicago Boy wrote:

Thank you, I solved the problem. I used hostdata
parameter to set a different name

mount -t gfs /dev/pool/pool0 /mnt/gfs1 -o
hostdata=duplnode

The mount now uses duplnode instead of hostname
returned by uname -n

This parameter is described in http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/admin-guide/s1-manage-mountfs.html

(but I am still wondering where is this 8 bytes
limitation specified- I just want to know for
reference).

Thanks again for your help!!
SD
--- Chicago Boy <chicagoboy12001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks much! I just tried and node2 can mount the
GFS
file system. But, only one node can mount the
filesystem anytime. For instance if node1 already
mounted the file system and mount issued on node2
waits until umount is done on node1. I read about a
similar problem in the list archives:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/2004-July/msg00205.html

The first 8 bytes of my nodes are the same:
testnode1
and testnode2. Is this the problem? (I will
appreciate
if you tell me the document I should look into for
these details.)

Thanks again!!
SD

--- Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
<mtilstra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 02:36:19PM -0800, Chicago