[Linux-cluster] Performance metrics on using gfs pool manager

Title: Message
Are there any performance metrics available concerning different gfs pool manager configurations? We intent to use gfs in an EMC san storage environment. Our preferred storage configuration is to bind only one big storage device (up to 2 TByte) with gfs pool volume manager, leaving all configuration and administration efforts on the storage site.
An alternative configuration could be the usage of a high number (up to 50) of small devices, which will be integrated and managed by pool volume manager.
What is the best strategy to get the best performance with minimized admin effort? Are there any experiences with different gfs configurations?

Thank you in advance
Bernd Quiskamp (bernd.quiskamp@xxxxxx)