Re: [Linux-cluster] Subversion?

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

Subversion is an easy install. There is another negative, though: the current release of Subversion uses Berkeley DB as its storage means, and we've had problems with it getting randomly locked and causing issues. We don't know if this is due to running ViewCVS against the repo as well, or what else it may be. Given the problems we've had, we are anxiously awaiting the 1.1 release of Subversion that will have a filesystem-based backend, rather than bdb.

I hit this last weekend. My subversion crashed/locked completely. I am not sure whether it is a lockup or a crash. But there is nothing you can do by going to the repo directory. BTW I didn't attempt to recover it.

-aneesh