[Linux-cluster] Re: Call for presentation materials; Attendee List

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 02:27:46PM -0400, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> And thanks for your part in making the first-ever Minneapolis Cluster
> Summit a great success.  Here is the attendee list as promised, in the
> form of a massive cc list.  You're encouraged to "Reply All" with any
> comments, suggestions, gripes, flames or other constructive material.
> Please don't worry about generating n-squared traffic, as n is yet low.

The attendee list is good for everyone who attended to have, but let's not
use it as a primary means of communication (see below)

> There may be a few names on the list who didn't actually make it; no
> matter, I'd rather err on the side of not leaving anybody out who was
> there.  If you know of anybody I left out, could you please email me.

Trying to keep track of people that need to be added to this CC list is
going to be a real pain.  I know for a fact at least 3 people from the Red
Hat team have been accidentally left off of the list, not to mention what
happens if people's e-mail address change, or they don't want to get this
traffic anymore.

I strongly recommend people post to linux-cluster@xxxxxxxxxx if they want
everyone involved to see what's going on.  There is also the added advantage
that discussions will be preserved for future reference in the mailing list
archives.

> Speakers:
>
> Including non-Red Hat speakers, please send me your slides and any
> supporting materials you feel are relevant.  Even (pointers to) code
> would be fine, and white papers certainly qualify.  Even png scans of
> napkins might get posted :-)  This is all for posting to the community
> cluster site.
>
> Please send attachments, not URL's, except for code and/or links to
> project homepages.  Please indicate which text/links in your email are
> to appear on the web page.  Please include a short bio, just a few
> words.

Anyone on linux-cluster who has material to post on the
source.redhat.com/cluster web page, please post to the list asking for its
inclusion.

> Everybody:
>
> This cc list is for ongoing discussion of the material we covered at the
> summit, in particular:
>
>    * Possible amendments to CMAN interfaces to accommodate your
>      own project - now is a good time to speak.
>
>    * Possible amendments to GDLM, with a view to adoption by other
>      projects besides GFS
>
>    * Mainline submission track.  Code and [RFC]'s should start
>      appearing on lkml in October.  What code?  How changed?  What
>      supporting arguments?  Now is the time to sort that out.
>
>    * Clustered Samba: anybody out there willing to look at how to
>      graft oplocks, weird case translations, clustered tdb, etc onto
>      gfs, please shout
>
>    Anything else that's on your mind

Seems to me all this should be discussed on linux-cluster as well.

> The conference information page has been updated with the "as built"
> conference schedule:
>
>    http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/events/summit2004/info.html
>
> Thanks once again for your tremendous support.
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel

Regards,
--
AJ Lewis                                   Voice:  612-638-0500
Red Hat Inc.                               E-Mail: alewis@xxxxxxxxxx

Current GPG fingerprint = D9F8 EDCE 4242 855F A03D  9B63 F50C 54A8 578C 8715
Grab the key at: http://people.redhat.com/alewis/gpg.html or one of the
many keyservers out there...