Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS 6.0 node without quorum tries to fence

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 11:03:40AM -0700, Steve Landherr wrote:
> Agreed.  But I though that the quorum concept was there to protect
> against a netsplit causing independent clusters to form.  If I'm a node
> and I can't contact enough peers to gain quorum, then I can't be a part
> of the cluster.  If I'm not part of the cluster, then I shouldn't be
> fencing other nodes.
>
> Am I missing something?

In a lights out setup. (no user required to keep things running) 2 of
three nodes go AWOL.  One node now needs to reset (NPS fencing) the
other two, without quorum, to keep things running.

--
Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
A hacker is a machine for turning caffeine into code.