Re: [Linux-cluster] unresolved symbol

Johnny Hughes wrote:

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 04:09, chloong wrote:

hi all,
I am facing this unresolved symbol error when i do a depmod -a for gfs.

i am using kernel 2.4.21-15.0.3.EL. I actually re-compile the GFS using GFS-6.0.0-1.2.src.rpm from HughesJR.com where it is able to compile under 2.4.21-15.0.3.EL version where as the one that i downloaded from RedHat is only be able to compile under 2.4.21-15.EL version.

I was able to compile it and installed but when i run depmod -a it complain that there are unresolved symbol for all the GFS modules....

Did you compile the version for your arch (i686, athlon)?

If you are running a i686 kernel, you need to compile with a target=i686
or if you have an athlon kernel, you need to compile with target=athlon

You can download the binary modules from my site as well and see if you
have the same problem.

In order to compile the SRPM as written for a target=athlon you will
need to install (at least for the compile), kernel-unsupported,
kernel-smp, and kernel-source ... for target=i686 you need to install kernel-unsupported, kernel-smp, kernel-source, and kernel-hugemem

Johnny Hughes
HughesJR.com

I checked that my kernel version is correct using uname -r...

How could i go about this....? Please help....