VSZ from cgroup interfaces

Hello,

I am trying to get the VSZ of the pids of a cgroup and its
descendants, but I am not finding which is the best way to achieve
this in any of the interfaces of cgroups. In kernel code I can see how
memory.current includes anon and pagecache (file), and
memory.swap.current includes all the swap. I also see how pages
accounted in memory.current are discharged when they are charged to
memory.swap.current.

Also, I tested with a simple program which just does a malloc uses
VSZ. I get the value from /proc, but I see no way to get this value in
cgroups (e.g. from memory.stat fields).

Does cgroups account for virtual memory? Is it too expensive to
account for it? I cannot find it by reading the kernel but I might be
wrong.

Thanks
Pd. I don't know where to ask it, so please forward me to the correct
mailing list/source if this is not the one.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]