Re: [BUG ?]: hugetlb.xxx[.rsvd].max implicit write failure

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 12:34 AM Victor Stewart <v@nametag.social> wrote:

> attempted to use hugetlb resource control for the first time. running 6.1.9
>
> create the subdirectory, then enable the hugetlb controller. reading the
> initial value of hugetlb.2MB.rsvd.max returns "max". i write 128 and receive a
> return value of 3. but then read hugetlb.2MB.rsvd.max and it now returns 0.
> same exact thing happens for hugetlb.2MB.max

ahh, it takes reads/writes with bytes as units, not 2MB pages.

kind of confusing and unexpected, even though memory works the same.

> so clearly the write is secretly failing somewhere even though the write
> operation return success?
>
> there are plenty of pages available:
>
> HugePages_Total:    4096
> HugePages_Free:     4096
> HugePages_Rsvd:        0
> HugePages_Surp:        0
> Hugepagesize:       2048 kB
> Hugetlb:        13631488 kB
>
> none of the scarce documentation on this controller leads me to believe there's
> any required configuration beyond the above. so completely bewildered as to
> what's going wrong?

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]