clarification about misc controller and capacity vs. max

Hi there,
I notice in the comments for the misc controller it is stated that the
max limit can be more than actual total capacity, meaning that we can
overcommit with the resource controlled by the misc controller.
However, in the misc_cg_try_charge() code, the function will return -
EBUSY if max limit will be crossed or total usage will be more than the
capacity, which would seem to enforce total capacity as an upper limit
in addition to max and not allow for overcommit. Can you provide some
clarity on whether the resource consumption model for the misc
controller should allow for overcommit?

Thanks,
Kristen Accardi

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]