Question about disallowing rename(2) in cgroup v2

hi all,

I found that rename(2) can be used in cgroup v1 but is disallowed in cgroup v2, what's the reason for this design?

rename(2) is critical when managing a cgroup pool in userspace, which uses rename to reuse cgroup rather than mkdir to create a new one,this can improve the performance of container concurrent startup, because renaming cgroup is much more lightweight compared with creating cgroup.

For new features in cgroup v2, I switch to cgroup v2 and meet this problem, I think renaming cgroup in v2 is similar to v1 and realizing it is not a hard problem, so I send this mail to learn the initial design.

Thanks,
-escape

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]