Re: [RFC 0/7] Introduce memory allocation speed throttle in memcg

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 5:11 AM yulei zhang <yulei.kernel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]
> > Can you please explain why memory.high is not good enough for your
> > use-case? You can orchestrate the memory.high limits in such a way
> > that those certain cgroups hit their memory.high limit before causing
> > the global reclaim. You might need to dynamically adjust the limits
> > based on other workloads or unaccounted memory.
> >

> Yep, dynamically adjust the memory.high limits can ease the memory pressure
> and postpone the global reclaim, but it can easily trigger the oom in
> the cgroups,

Can you please elaborate a bit more on this? The memory.high has a
strong throttling mechanism, so if you are observing memory.high being
ineffective then we need to fix that. Also can you please explain a
bit more on the specific of the workload which is able to escape
memory.high throttling e.g. the normal number of processes/threads in
the workload?

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]