Re: [RFC v2 0/2] introduce new attribute "priority" to control group

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 12:40:09AM +0800, yulei.kernel@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> From: Yulei Zhang <yuleixzhang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Last time we introduce the idea of adding prioritized tasks management
> to control group. Sometimes we may assign the same amount of resources
> to multiple cgroups due to the environment restriction, but we still
> hope there are preference order to handle the tasks in those cgroups,
> the 'prio' attribute may help to do the ranking jobs.
>
> The default value of "priority" is set to 0 which means the highest
> priority, and the totally levels of priority is defined by
> CGROUP_PRIORITY_MAX. Each subsystem could register callback to receive the
> priority change notification for their own purposes.
>
> In this v2 patch we apply a simple rule to the oom hanlder base on the
> order of priority to demonstrate the intention about adding this attribute.
> When enable the prioritized oom, it will perfer to pick up the victim from the
> memory cgroup with lower priority, and try the best to keep the tasks
> alive in high ranked memcg.

I don't think the discussion in the previous thread led anywhere. Please
consider this series nacked for now.

Thanks.

--
tejun

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]