Re: + mm-consider-subtrees-in-memoryevents.patch added to -mm tree

On Fri, 17 May 2019 21:33:48 -0400 Johannes Weiner <hannes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> - Adoption data suggests that cgroup2 isn't really used yet. RHEL8 was
>   just released with cgroup1 per default. Fedora is currently debating
>   a switch. None of the other distros default to cgroup2. There is an
>   article on the lwn frontpage *right now* about Docker planning on
>   switching to cgroup2 in the near future. Kubernetes is on
>   cgroup1. Android is on cgroup1. Shakeel agrees that Facebook is
>   probably the only serious user of cgroup2 right now. The cloud and
>   all mainstream container software is still on cgroup1.

I'm thinking we need a cc:stable so these forthcoming distros are more
likely to pick up the new behaviour?

Generally, your arguments sound good to me - I don't see evidence that
anyone is using cgroup2 in a manner which is serious enough to be
seriously affected by this change.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]