Re: mount failed while remounting different controllers

Hello, Jiufei.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 02:19:00PM +0800, Jiufei Xue wrote:
> The situation can be described as follows.
> rmdir                            umount
> cgroup_rmdir
>  kill_css
>   css_killed_ref_fn
>    queue work to destroy css
>                                  cgroup_kill_sb
>                                   cgroup_put
> work performed to destroy css
>
> Since the percpu_ref of the cgroup_root->cgrp.css hasn't been switched
> to atomic mode, cgroup_root can't be destroyed even if not referenced
> any more. And it will cause the remount failure in rebind_subsystems()
> while remounting different controllers.
>
> I have no idea how to solve this problem. If we offline the controller
> root when there are no alive child, it will trigger the mount hang for
> memory controller(commit 3c606d35fe).
>
> Any ideas? Or should we solve this problem?

Can we just flush the workqueue before trying mount?

Thanks.

--
tejun

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]