How to throttle all the IO going to disk with cgroup V2

Hi Tejun,

Andy was looking at blkio throttling capability to throttle all the IO
going to a disk. He wanted to use it to throttle all IO going to a data
device of thin pool when thin pool is about to be full. Hoping this will
give him extra time to respond and thin pool does not get full.

This requries hierarchical control enabled in blkio. In the past we had
that sane_behavior flag to enable this on cgroup V1 and that allowed
one to put upper limit in root cgroup and that controlled all IO going to
disk.

Now sane_behavior flag is gone and V2 does not allow configure limits
for root cgroup. So looks like we lost that capability now. Am I missing
something. Is there a way to still enable it.

Thanks
Vivek