Re: memcg Can't context between v1 and v2 because css->refcnt not released

[restoring the CC list]

On Thu 10-08-17 17:57:38, wang Yu wrote:
[...]
> > after drop caches, memory.stat  shows not pages belong the group, but
> > memory.usage_in_bytes not zero, so maybe other pages
> > has wrong to belong this group
>
> after drop cache, there maybe have kmem pages ,e.g. slab
> it can't free both drop cache or tasks free,
> so back this problem, without mem_cgroup_reparent_charges,
> cgroup v1 can't umount , and cgroup v2 can't mount

Ohh, right. It is true that there is no explicit control over kmem page
life time. I am afraid this is something non-trivial to address though.
I am not sure swithing between cgroup versions is a strong enough use
case to implement something like that but you can definitely try to do
that.
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs