Re: How to avoid rebuilding cgroup quotas after moving VPS to a different hypervisor

Generally, I do not think it is possible or will ever be possible by using cgroup parameters only, because:

a) Kernel does not care much about CPU frequency, it often determines it incorrectly, and the frequency itself changes often in a live system because of power management and various other technologies. Even with special tests it is not easy to determine exact frequency the CPU is capable of sustaining.

b) Frequency does not define performance in real tasks. Your 3 GHz CPU is not necessary 1.5 faster than your old 2 GHz one, and this figure depends very much on your task.

That said, I think it is possible to solve your problem indirectly, by rewriting configs automatically on boot based on bogomips or some other benchmark.

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili