Re: Influencing the osd.id when creating or replacing an osd

Yes, but it's irritating. Ideally, I'd like my OSD IDs and hostnames to track so that if a server going pong I can find it and fix it ASAP. But it doesn't take much maintenance to break that scheme and the only thing more painful than renaming a Ceph host is re-numbering an OSD.