Re: centos9 or el9/rocky9

There is a certain virtue in using a firewall appliance for front-line
protection. I think fail2ban could add IPs to its block list.

An advantage of this is that you don't have to remember what all the
internal servers are to firewall them individually.

Certainly one could update firewall-cmd via ssh. I do this as part of
my Ansible provisioning. You could, in fact, set up a blocklist file
with banned IPS that Ansible could run against at intervals and do bulk
host updates that way.

   Tim