Re: no mds services

Hi,

I’d suggest to check the servers where the MDS‘s are supposed to be running on for a reason why the services stopped. Check daemon logs and the service status for hints pointing to a possible root cause. Try restarting the services and paste startup logs from a failure here if you need more advice.

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Ex Calibur <permport@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hello,

I'm following this guide to upgrade our cephs:
https://ainoniwa.net/pelican/2021-08-11a.html (Proxmox VE 6.4 Ceph upgrade
Nautilus to Octopus)
It's a requirement to upgrade our ProxMox environnement.

Now I've reached the point at that guide where i have to "Upgrade all
CephFS MDS daemons"

But before I started this piece, I checked the status.

root@pmnode1:~# ceph status
  cluster:
    id:     xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    health: HEALTH_ERR
            noout flag(s) set
            1 scrub errors
            Possible data damage: 1 pg inconsistent
            2 pools have too many placement groups

  services:
    mon: 3 daemons, quorum pmnode1,pmnode2,pmnode3 (age 19h)
    mgr: pmnode2(active, since 19h), standbys: pmnode1
    osd: 15 osds: 12 up (since 12h), 12 in (since 19h)
         flags noout

  data:
    pools:   3 pools, 513 pgs
    objects: 398.46k objects, 1.5 TiB
    usage:   4.5 TiB used, 83 TiB / 87 TiB avail
    pgs:     512 active+clean
             1   active+clean+inconsistent

root@pmnode1:~# ceph mds metadata
[]

as you can see there is no mds service running.

What can be wrong and how to solve this?

Thank you in advance.