Re: ceph-mgr perf throttle-msgr - what is caused fails?

Hi,

I don't have an answer, but it reminds me of the issue we had this year on a customer cluster. I had created this tracker issue [0] where you were the only one yet to comment. Those observations might not be related, but do you see any impact on the cluster?
Also, in your output "val" is still smaller than "max":

  "val": 104856554,
  "max": 104857600,

So it probably doesn't have any visible impact, does it? But the values are not that far apart, maybe they burst sometime, leading to the fail_fail counter to increase? Do you have that monitored?

Thanks,
Eugen

[0] https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/66310

Zitat von Konstantin Shalygin <k0ste@xxxxxxxx>:

Hi, seems something in mgr is throttle due val > max. I'm right?

root@mon1# ceph daemon /var/run/ceph/ceph-mgr.mon1.asok perf dump | jq '."throttle-msgr_dispatch_throttler-mgr-0x55930f4aed20"'
{
  "val": 104856554,
  "max": 104857600,
  "get_started": 0,
  "get": 9700833,
  "get_sum": 654452218418,
  "get_or_fail_fail": 1323887918,
  "get_or_fail_success": 9700833,
  "take": 0,
  "take_sum": 0,
  "put": 9698716,
  "put_sum": 654347361864,
  "wait": {
    "avgcount": 0,
    "sum": 0,
    "avgtime": 0
  }
}

The question is - how-to determine what exactly? Another fail_fail in perf counters is zero. mgr is not in container, and have resources to work

Thanks,