Re: Prefered distro for Ceph

Not at all, you're doing the right thing. That's exactly how I would do things if I were setting out to deploy Ceph on bare metal today. Pick a very stable underlying distribution and run Ceph in containers. That's exactly what I'm doing on a massive scale, and it's been one of the best decisions I've ever made.

David