Re: lifecycle policy on non-replicated buckets

 Soumya,
Thank you for responding.  What release was this fixed in? I am uisng 18.2.2 and am about to go to 18.2.4.
Yes, the sync policy shows on both zones when doing:

# aws --endpoint https://master.fqdn s3api get-bucket-lifecycle-configuration --bucket <bucket name>

# aws --endpoint https://slave.fqdn s3api get-bucket-lifecycle-configuration --bucket <bucket name>
Also, on the slave zone, if I do:
# radosgw-admin lc list

It shows PROCESSING for the bucket in question with a start date of 1970-01-01, but the master zone shows that itCOMPLETED within the last day,

I also tried on the slave side:
# radosgw-admin lc process --bucket <bucket name> and this gives:
... NetHandler create_socket couldn't create socket (24) Too many open files

over and over.
I've deleted (and it deleted it on both sides) the lifecycle policy, and added it back. Itreplicated to the slave but with same results.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
-Chris

    On Monday, September 2, 2024 at 12:56:23 PM MDT, Soumya Koduri <skoduri@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 9/2/24 8:41 PM, Christopher Durham wrote:
>  Asking again, does anyone know how to get this working?
> I have multisite sync set up between two sites. Due to bandwidth concerns, I have disabled replication on a given bucket that houses temporary data using a multisite sync policy. This works fine.
> Most of the writing to this bucket is done on the slave zone.
> The bucket has a lifecycle policy set to delete objects after 3 days. But objects on the slave zone never get deleted.
> How can I get this to work?

I checked this use-case on the latest main and it seems to be working.
Though the replication is disabled on the bucket, the objects are
deleted on both the zones as per the lifecycle policy expiration rule set.

Could you check using `s3api get-bucket-lifecycle-configuration` if the
bucket has LC rules set on the secondary zone as well. Earlier the LC
policies were not being replicated which got addressed later (not sure
in which release). If the LC policy is not replicated, user has to
manually set LC rules on all the zones for that bucket.

Thanks,

Soumya