SMB Service in Squid

I have upgraded  my home cluster to 19.1.0  and wanted to try out the SMB orchestration features to improve my hacked SMB shared using CTDB and SMB services on each host.

My smb.yaml file looks like

service_type: smb
service_id: home
placement:
  hosts:
    - HOST1
    - HOST2
    - HOST3
    - HOST4
spec:
  cluster_id: home
  features:
    - domain
      #clustered: true
  config_uri: rados://.smb/home/scc.toml
  custom_dns:
    - "<DNS SERVERS>"
  join_sources:
    - "rados:mon-config-key:smb/config/home/join1.json"
 # cluster_meta_uri: rados://.smb/home/meta
#cluster_lock_uri: rados://.smb/home/lock
  include_ceph_users:
    - client.smb.fs.cluster.home

 #cluster_public_addrs:
                #address: "192.168.2.175"
 #destination: "192.168.2.0/24"

When I first ran ceph orch apply -i smb.yaml, it didn't like the sections I commented out related to clusters- this may be that I formatted them wrong?   I would get errors like:

Error EINVAL: ServiceSpec: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'cluster_meta_uri'

After commenting out the clustering (for now), I successfully applied this YAML, however the .smb pool was never created so I cannot go on to the next task of fiddling around with the config files and config json.

Is there a way to create the .smb pool manually?
Also is there any good basic examples of a config json?    I am not connecting to active directory (On Windows 365 accounts so no local AD).  I will eventually write a script to pull the user details and map them to the local hosts, but want to get basic services up first.

Thanks,

Rob Eckert