Re: cephadm basic questions: image config, OS reimages

Hi,

On 16/05/2024 17:03, Adam King wrote:
At least for the current up-to-date reef branch (not sure what reef version you're on) when --image is not provided to the shell, it should try to infer the image in this order

 1. from the CEPHADM_IMAGE env. variable
 2. if you pass --name with a daemon name to the shell command, it will
    try to get the image that daemon uses
 3. next it tries to find the image being used by any ceph container on
    the host
 4. The most recently built ceph image it can find on the host (by
    CreatedAt metadata field for the image)

Coming back to this after a long time, I found the issue we were having - our home-built images didn't have "LABEL ceph=true", so even though cephadm -v shell said "Using container info for daemon 'mon'", it was not actually doing so.

I might put in a patch to produce a warning message in that case...

Thanks,

Matthew