Re: Accidentally created systemd units for OSDs

OK... I've been in the Circle of Hell where systemd lives and I *THINK* I have convinced myself I'm OK. I *REALLY* don't want to trash and rebuild the OSDs.

In the manpage for systemd.unit, I found

UNIT GARBAGE COLLECTION
The system and service manager loads a unit's configuration automatically when a unit is referenced for the first time. It will automatically unload the unit configuration and state again when the unit is not needed anymore ("garbage collection").

I've disabled the systemd units (which removes the symlink from the target) for the non-cephadm OSDs I created by mistake and I'm PRETTY SURE if I wait long enough (or reboot) that I won't see them any more, since there won't be a unit for systemd to care about.

I *WILL* have to clean up /var/lib/ceph/osd eventually. I tried just now, but it says "device busy." I think that's because there's some OTHER systemd cruft that shows a mount:
[root@ceph02 ~]# systemctl --all | grep ceph | grep mount
  var-lib-ceph-osd-ceph\x2d11.mount         loaded    active   mounted   /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-11
  var-lib-ceph-osd-ceph\x2d25.mount        loaded    active   mounted   /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-25
  var-lib-ceph-osd-ceph\x2d9.mount          loaded    active   mounted   /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-9

When things settle down, I *MIGHT* put in a RFE to change the default for ceph-volume to --no-systemd to save someone else from this anguish.