Re: Upgrading RGW before cluster?

> there are/were customers who had services colocated, for example MON, MGR and RGW on the same nodes. Before cephadm when they upgraded the first MON node they automatically upgraded the RGW as well, of course.

This is one of the arguments in favor of containerized daemons.

Strictly speaking, updating the packages and daemon restarts are decoupled, but in practice there's a period of risk when the running daemons don't all match the installed packages, in case the update stalls for some reason or a node crashes at just the wrong time.  Both of which happened to me back in the day.