From: Eugen Block <eblock@xxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2024 9:05 AM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: Bluestore issue using 18.2.2

Hi,

it looks like you're using size 2 pool(s), I strongly advise to
increase that to 3 (and min_size = 2). Although it's unclear why the
PGs get damaged, the repair of a PG with only two replicas is
difficult, which is the correct one? So to avoid that, avoid pools
with size 2, except for tests and if you don't care about the data.
If you want to use the current situation to learn, you could try to
inspect the PGs with the ceph-objectstore-tool and find out which
replica is the correct one, export it and then inject it into the OSD.
But this can be tricky, of course.

Regards,
Eugen